Self Esteem Information
Read practical information with tips, ideas and tools for building your self esteem and self confidence. Most of this articles had been written from my own experience. You will find definitions, examples and ideas to create a happier life.
Even though I have been through a lot of upside downs I was able to understand that with a healthy self esteem I are willing to participate more in life. And even in the face of rejection I was willing to risk more. To learn and grow we have to risk. We risk if we feel good about ourselves and feel confident that we are capable of facing the challenges in life.
According to my own experience building self esteem is based in self-awareness. I have noticed that the internal process involves not only self-awareness but also self-responsibility and forgiveness.
My journey into a better self esteem began many years ago. Building your esteem is an internal process:
- Living with self awareness. Self awareness is a way for us to explore our individual personalities, value systems, beliefs, natural inclinations, and tendencies. Self awareness is important because when we have a better understanding of ourselves, we have the capability to make changes and to build on our areas of strength as well as identify areas where we would like to make improvements. My life started to change when I became aware that I was feeling unlovable. I have been caring painful memories associated with my mother like: "I only had you because you father wanted to have a girl". With this memory I carried the feeling of being unwanted and unworthy.
- Taking responsibility for your life and changing your attitude toward yourself and others. Why do people often have self esteem problems?. Because they don' t take responsibility for their lives. Instead, someone else is blamed for the bad things that happen and a victim mentality is created and given great power. When you take responsibility for your life you feel confidence in yourself immediately. This is also a way to stop relying on external validation, like praise from other people, to feel good about yourself. For many years I blame my mother for my personal problems instead of taking responsibility for them.
- Saying goodbye to the past. Letting go of devastating emotional hurts is not only wise, it's absolutely necessary if you want to work and live passionately in this present moment.
Your esteem is developed and maintained by habits of thoughts. If you focus your attention on negative aspects of yourself this will lead to feelings of low esteem. On the contrary, if you focus your attention on positive aspects of yourself this will lead to feelings of healthy esteem. Your thoughts create your feelings.
- What is Self-Esteem ?
- Boost Self-Esteem
- Self Confidence
- Exercise and Self Esteem
- Self Esteem and Guilt
- Healthy Self Esteem
- Building your confidence
- Improving Teenagers Self Esteem.
- 7 Benefits of Having High Self Esteem .
- Self Esteem Tips .
- Building Your Worth
- How Little Passion Can Lead to Poor Respect
- Emotional Problems: Depression, Anxiety, and Insomnia .