Emotional wellness refers to our emotional health. To meet your emotional needs constructively. Is to have a healthy self esteem, a positive attitude, a strong self image and therefore a good mental health.
In order to build your self esteem you have to take responsibility for your behavior and learn to respond accordingly.
Your emotional wellness will help you to develop the ability to manage feelings and emotions, cope with stress and relationships. You will become more aware and accepting of your emotions and feelings.
The benefits are:
- Being able to manage stress
- Take care of yourself
- Ask for help
- Self Acceptance
- Positive Attitude
- Do you accept your emotions and feelings?
- Are you able to ask for help when you need it?
- Do you have a positive attitude?
- Do you react or respond
- Are you angry all the time?
- Do you know how to meet your emotional needs?
- Are you managing stress well?
If you answered no to any of these questions I would suggest you start taking care of your emotional wellness.
How to Improve Your Emotional Wellness
- Learn how to communicate your feelings without hurting other people. This means that you have to start practicing assertiveness. When you are assertive you communicate your needs, feelings and wants without hurting others. You are honest but not rude. It is about respecting yourself and others.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. If you are having problems with this issue you might be a perfectionist and suffer fear of rejection. It is ok to ask for help and there is nothing wrong in doing it. It does not mean that you are weak. Successful people ask for help , that is the way they grow and learn, plus your become empower because you know that you are a human being that does not have all the answers but you are willing to make things better.
- If you are depressed, get help
Take and anger management class. Anger will poison your life. If you feel anger or react with anger frequently remember that what is causing your anger is not the real problem.
- Take a massage. A massage will help you release stress and enhance your emotional being.
- Meditate. The benefits of meditation include: relaxation, stress relief, build confidence, lowers blood pressure, enhance immune system. Try to mediate every day, twice a day for about 20 minutes. Meditation had helped a lot and is still helping me. You can practice any meditation. I started with mindfulness, then primordial sound meditation and now I am doing TM. During my meditation I don’t experience a lot of things, but after doing it I feel joy and a lot of inspiration. Of course had helped me to build my confidence and I have learn to become more aware of my emotions.
- Use your creativity; express yourself with paining, dancing, singing, writing, etc.
- Cry if you feel it but also laugh
- Manage your stress. To cope with stress is a must. Many people do not pay attention to it because they do not know how damaging stress can be. Stress can cause headache, back pain, fast breathing, upset stomach, nausea, low your immune system , cause skin problems. Plus if you do not know how to cope with stress you might feel cranky, frustrated, unfocused, worry and develop a negative attitude .Stress Management Techniques
- Practice Positive attitude. When you are positive you will feel pride in your work
- encourage others and be more considerate. It will help you to achieve your goals, be more happy, have more energy and overcome obstacles.
- Read self help books. The habit of reading books is a good one. You can find the answers to your questions, understand situations, and discover how other people have overcome the same obstacles you want to overcome and keep you inspire.
“Wow, I don’t think I can accurately synthesize it like that .I used to drive a van full of children (8 or 9 kids) from day care back to the homeless shelter every day. Every day some two kids would get into an argument and for 30 minutes, sitting in traffic and playing referee was pretty rough. One day there were only 3 kids, a brother and sister who got along like gold and another boy. When the little boy started whispering and suddenly the most get-along pair I ever met were at each other’s throats, I started to figure out where the trouble was coming from. I had a long talk with the culprit (who was never involved in any of these fights in any way, to all appearances) and we stopped having conflicts on the van ride.THAT is an 8 year old child with astounding emotional intelligence!.” Requested anonymous.
“Loved your first show Emotional Healing Process: What is the Journey?. I think we all have areas where we are stuck and found it very interesting about the repressed cell memories that keep us repeating a pattern over and over again. I think we could all use some help knocking our blocks off . Looking forward to your next show!. “David.