If you are like many modern day Americans, you need to lose weight the healthy way, and you want to. The problem is, many people try to lose weight too fast, or they set unrealistic weight-loss goals. This can lead to discouragement and abandonment of the weight loss regimens. But it can also result in different health problems.
What follows are weight loss tips for losing weight as fast as possible while not doing something unhealthy or discouraging.
- Decide on how much weight you want to lose. The best tool to do this is to use a BMI calculator so that you know the range of weight that you should be at for your body type and age. You don’t want to be underweight and you also don’t want to trick yourself into thinking that you have lost enough when you haven’t.
- Do not starve yourself. Starvation diets never work. They might seem to for a short while but in the long run they always fail. This is because: they make you miserable; they sap your energy; and, anyway, your body simply responds by slowing down your metabolism …meaning it now becomes harder than ever for you to lose weight.
- Start your day right. The way you begin the day sets the tone for that entire day until you go to bed at night. Be excited about getting up to experience a new day. Try to get up with the sunrise-this is a great way of energizing yourself mentally. Try to do at least a brief workout at this time of day. Eat a healthy breakfast after that. Read over your personal and weight loss goals before you start your work day or do chores.
- Drink lots of water. Water carries away toxins from tissues, delivers oxygen to your tissues, and helps you to not have the “hunger cravings” that lead to over-eating.
- Avoid too much sugar. Sugar suppresses your immune system and tricks you into thinking that you have more energy stores than you really do. Also, sugar is the first thing your body burns for fuel. You want your body burning fat for fuel.
- Watch your fat intake. Fat is GOOD for you. But you need a balance of fats. We tend to get excessive Omega-6 and too little Omega-3. Change that in your diet so the ratio is only 2:1 of Omega-6 to Omega-3.
- Exercise. Working out is good for you in every way. You were meant to move.
Weight loss does not come from counting calories, starvation, or forcing yourself to do exercises that you hate. It simply comes from eating smart and cultivating a physically active lifestyle with discipline.
There are many programs out there that will assist that heavyweight person to lose those excess pounds. With eating being a normal habit of almost anyone, it is the hardest part that you have to control. Just take, for example, a diet requires that you eat only fruits for one week, and you have been used to eating meat and fast food junk. If you intend to last and complete the diet, then you would have to have that right attitude for the program. The difference between starting a diet with a good attitude and a bad one is completing it with results. Bad outlooks will mean you may complete the project but the results will not be the same. A good and positive attitude means accomplishing the program to its end with the objective being reached and met.
How do you improve your behavior and outlook for the weight loss program? With the task being so hard to do, you need that constant reassurance that you will finish it with flying colors. A good attitude means that you do not have to have the highest IQ or education. A little positive mood will do wonders in completing the diet task at hand. Research and studies have shown that those that infuse positive auras to any activity, will see it to its completion. The little difference between a good and bad way to go about things will mean success or failure for anything that you may want to do.
The best way to start a diet is to have positive ideas. This means that every single hour of every day that you are using the program you must fill your mind with positive mental thoughts. To accomplish this, read a few inspirational books and websites about people who have lost weight and how it has helped their lives. A good uplifting music or encouraging words from a friend will also do wonders in filling up your mood with positivity. As an added activity, try to list down what the diet program has done for you that day. Keep a journal and state how eating fruits has given you more energy that the meats that you have previously eaten. By doing this kind of activity, you are listing down the good things that have happened to you with the diet. Try not to focus too much on how hungry you are as this will only aggravate and frustrate you.
The second thing you can do is to affirm yourself. Congratulate your accomplishments for the diet. If in one week’s time you will lose two pounds, then take some time and say “wow! That is a big accomplishment”. Instill in your mind that confidence that you can do better with each coming week using the diet program. If you fall down a couple of steps behind, just laugh it off. In fact, laughter and enjoying yourself with the diet regimen is the best idea to help you accomplish it faster. Third way to make your attitude better is to think of good things about the program. Ensure that you meet every meal of the program with a happy and healthy mood. Simply see the good in all the things that from the diet program. This will make you finish it better and faster. Start building that positive outlook as soon as you begin the diet. Delaying this type of attitude will only mean that you do not want to finish the project of reducing your weight.
selfesteem awareness is supported by our participation in affiliate programs. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We also participate in programs from Clickbank, and other sites. selfesteem awareness is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.