Breaking the Chain of Low Self-esteem book review by Marilyn J. Sorensen, Ph.D. This book will empower your life and motivate you to build the life you deserve.
Book review – How can this book help you
- This book deals with the issue of breaking the chain of low self-esteem.
- It is a practical book for understanding low self-esteem, how is this view formed.
- The author shares the various ways low self-esteem plays out on a daily basis.
- The book will help to understand the underlying dysfunctional patterns common among those with low self-esteem.
- End self-sabotage, control negative inner voices and free yourself from the pursuit of validation.
- This book contains a questionnaire that assesses your level of self-esteem.
- Practical exercises in each chapter.
- Learn to face fear and anxiety. The four fears: fear of confirming one’s inadequacies.Fear of disapproval, criticism, rejection or blame. Fear that success cannot be sustained and fear of abandonment.
This book walks the reader through the experience of a woman who deals daily with extremely low self-esteem. Learn what is it and how this view is formed.
Discover who suffers from low self-esteem and assess your self-esteem in this book through a questionnaire of forty questions. Learn to face fear and anxiety. Understand that the inability to be alone indicates unresolved issues and is a sign of low self-esteem.
You will learn:
- Suggestions, strategies and exercises for recovery
- How to end defeating behaviors like lying, procrastinating, isolating, not sharing true feelings and more.
- How to value yourself and make better choices
- Become independent and overcome guilt
- Stop being needy by being trying to please others, put the needs of others before yours, giving up a friend, interest to spend time with another person and more.
About the author
Marilyn J. Sorensen is a clinical psychologist; she has specialized in relationship and self-esteem issues for over 29 years. Dr. Marilyn Sorensen has been interviewed on radio and television programs and has been quoted in over 125 major newspapers and magazines.
Apart from her work she enjoys gardening, camping, fishing, golf, reading, cooking, hiking, going to the beach, traveling, movies, watching college football and basketball, art and art galleries.
“We may think that those who have LSE are the down-and-out, unsuccessful in their careers and their relationships. This is not necessarily true for people with LSE are present in all walks. They are executives, professionals, entrepreneurs, laborers, skilled workers, teachers, in fact, people from all occupations. The are highly educated and minimally educated. The are male and female, old and young, wealthy and poor, single, coupled and divorced; they are all nationalities. They include the religious, the atheist and agnostic. They reside in cities, in suburbs, and rural areas. Some seek therapy; some do not. Some are aware they have low self-esteem; many are not. Altering the detrimental and lasting effects of LSE requires several distinct skills. When you are finished reading this book, you will be able to:
- Recognize why you now have low self-esteem
- Identify the negative effects of low self-esteem
- Recognize the reactions you have that are related to low self-esteem
- Understand how these reactions impact your life in self-defeating ways
- Identify your specific behavior patterns and distinguish what needs to be changed
- Identify new, constructive actions that can help replace old, harmful ones
- Formulate strategies you can use to battle low self-esteem
- Begin to build your life anew!”
Breaking the Chain of Low Self-Esteem book by Marilyn J. Sorensen, Ph.D.. Page 21-22
“Remember: you have within you the ability to alter the situation you are now in and the emotions which you now experience. With support, perseverance, determination and a vision for breaking this chain which now enslaves you in misery – but you must do it one day at a time and one link at a time. Whether you engage in therapy or not, set goals for yourself, work on the exercises in this book , chart your progress and then make positive self-statements about your successes.”
Breaking the Chain of Low Self-Esteem book by Marilyn J. Sorensen, Ph.D . Page 280
This is a practical book that can help anybody to face life with new courage and enthusiasm. Order it now!:
: Paperback: 320 pages. Publisher: Wolf Publishing Company; 2 edition (September 15, 2006)
. Language: English.
“This is a book whose essence should be taught in every grammar school. We need to empower ourselves and each other. Our internal beliefs can be altered, and we need to become aware of that. Then we can begin building a foundation of self-worth. This is the best handbook to aid in the architecture of self-esteem.” –This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title”.
: “An excellent addition to an adult self-help collection, the book aids in overcoming anxiety, guilt and pain. Beginning with a questionnaire, the book offers mechanisms and behavior modification for those seeking to rebuild their lives. . . .Marilyn Sorensen offers no quick fixes, but provides tips and motivation to get the reader on the way to healthier living.”