Last Updated on
Did you know that low self-esteem and lack of confidence manifest several symptoms?. Among them you might feel anxiety, depression, loneliness, fears and much more.
I would like to share with you the best books on confidence and self esteem . For more information about each book click on the image or the link that says: Buy at Amazon. You will be re-directed at amazon.com, and if you do not live in an area to access amazon.com you will be redirected to amazon from your country. (If you live in Canada, you will be redirected at amazon.ca, if you live in Spain, to amazon.es, etc). Check out below the best books on confidence and self-esteem :
1) Self-Esteem – Stop Letting Your Life Lead You! Master Your Own Destiny
by Matthew McKay, Ph. D & Patrick Fanning
This book will help you to be your own best friend. It is an easy, step-by-step program that will help you improve the way you feel about yourself and discover an attractive, confident, and happier you.
This book will help you to discover:
1) Simple exercises to focus on your good points
2) How to combat your critical inner voice
3) Techniques to stop your damaging rules about how you “should” be effective ways to deal with criticism
You should take your time to read this book. It is densely packed with ideas and things to do. This book is organized logically:
- Chapter 2 introduce the pathological critic and the next one focus on disarming the critic
- Chapter 4 shows you how to make an accurate self-assesmente of your strenghs and weaknesses
- Chapter 5 explains coginive distortions
- Chapter 6 introduce the concept of compassion
- Chapter 7 is about your shoulds and rules
- Chapter 8 shows how to hendle mistakes
- Chapter 9 teaches you how to react to criticism
- Cahpter 10 teach you asking for what you want
- Chapet 11 teaches powerful techniques
- Chapter 14 and 15 core beliefs and how to give your kids the priceless legacy of high self esteem
2) Stick Up for Yourself: Every Kid’s Guide to Personal Power & Positive Self-Esteem
Stick up for Yourself! es based on a program developed originally for adults , known as “Affect and Self-esteem”. Therefore, this book is adapted so children ages 8 to 12 can learn on their own .
This book will teach you:
- How to get and use your personal power
- How to build a positive self-esteem
It includes a self-esteem quiz
This book was first published in 1990, and this a newly revised and updated version. Kids learn how to build relationships, be responsible, manage anger, grow a feelings vocabulary, make good choices, solve problems, set goals, and be happy and proud
An empowering book recommended not only for kids , but also for parents, teachers, and counselors.
3) The Psychology of Self-Esteem: A Revolutionary Approach to Self-Understanding that Launched a New Era in Modern Psychology
One of the most important things this boo makes clear is that self-esteem is not a feel good phenomenon. It also explains that even though others may help us or obstruct us on the path to self-esteem, no one can literally give us self-esteem It must be generated from within
The central theme of this book is the role of self esteem in man’s life: the need of self esteem, the nature of the need, the conditions of its fulfillment, the conswqunes of its frustration and the impact of a man;s self esteem on his values , responses and goals.
Part 1 of the book is concern with the psychological foundations of his theory of self esteem and Part 2 is about the psychology of self esteem .
4) Increase Self Confidence Self Hypnosis CD – This Self Confidence Hypnosis CD is a Meditation For Self Confidence
- CONFIDENCE HYPNOSIS CAN HELP to changes in how you see yourself. The British and American Medical Associations recommend hypnotherapy for improving mental wellness
- Hypnosis works while you relax and you only need 30 minutes a day.
- This CD contains 2 programs. One is to be used during the day and the other one is a night session.
Mark Bowden is a British hypnotherapist that has helped thousdands of people to improve their confidence. Boosting your confidence can positively impact every part of your life .
5) The Power of Vulnerability: Teachings of Authenticity, Connection, and Courage
by Brene Brown PhD
Dr. Brown says that the word to describe people who can live from a place of vulnerability is wholehearted. She offers profound insights on leaning into the full spectrum of emotions-so we can show up, let ourselves be seen, and truly be all in.
This book will help you:
- To cultivate shame resilience that is the key to developing a sense of worth and belonging.
How people use perfectionism, numbing, and other tactics to avoid feeling vulnerable.
- The myths of vulnerability – common misconceptions about weakness, trust, and self-sufficiency.
- How to discover your vulnerability armor .
- Recognize what makes people shut down, and how we can change
- The 10 guideposts of wholehearted living .
- Six hours of stories, warm humor, and transformative insights for living a life of courage, authenticity, and compassion.
6) The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
by Michael A. Singer
Buy at Amazon
This book is a journey of exploration of “self”. It will transform your relationship with yourself and the world around you. You’ll discover what you can do to put an end to the habitual thoughts and emotions that limit your consciousness.
Michael Singer will show you how the development of consciousness can allow you live in the present moment and let go of painful thoughts and memories that are blocking you to achieve happiness .
This is what you will learn
- Discover your relationship with your thoughts and emotions to uncover the source and fluctuations of your inner energy.
- How to free yourself from the habitual thoughts, emotions, and energy patterns that limit your consciousness.
The Untethered Soul has already touched the lives of countless readers, the perfect gift for yourself, a loved one, or anyone who wants a keepsake edition of this remarkable book.
7) 10 Simple Solutions for Building Self-Esteem: How to End Self-Doubt, Gain Confidence, & Create a Positive Self-Image
This book offers a simple approach to increasing self esteem. This 10 solutions are included in the 10 chapters:
- Know what self esteem is
- Be mindful
- Clear away negative thoughts
- be aware of your strenghts
- use minful meditations
- cultivate joy
- appreciate your body
- care for your mind by caring
- Develop your character and Spirituality
- Look Ahead
8) The 21-Day Self-Confidence Challenge: An Easy and Step-by-Step Approach to Overcome Self-Doubt & Low Self-Esteem
by Francie Wyck
Learn how to overcome self-doubt and low self-esteem. Start developing solid self-confidence with this 21 days challenge.
The 21-Day Self-Confidence Challenge will help you to:
- Become the best version of yourself
- Stop being dependent on what other’s might think
- Push yourself outside your comfort zone
- Increase social confidence and approach new people
- Reach your goals
- Speak and express yourself in public
- Deal with your fear of rejection
9) Novelty Self Esteem Emergency Affirmation Kit
Emergency Self Esteem Kit includes
- A trophy affirming your specialness
- self-esteem building stickers
- a book of daily affirmations
- Goald stars you can give yourself
10) The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
By Ruiz Miguel
In The Four Agreements, you will discover the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering. This book offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love.
• The Four Agreements is A New York Times bestseller for over 8 years
• Over 6 million copies sold in the U.S.
• This book is translated into 40 languages worldwide
11) Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
by Brene Brown
In this book you will explore the following questions\;
What drives our fear of being vulnerable?
How are we protecting ourselves from vulnerability?
What price are we paying when we shut down an disengage?
How d do we own and engage with vulnerability o we can start transforming the way we live, love, parent, and lead?
12) Affirmation Weaver: A Believe in Yourself Story, Designed to Help Children Boost Self-esteem While Decreasing Stress and Anxiety
Children love to turn self-doubt into self-belief. Children relate to the dolphin in this story as the sea creatures show him how to believe in himself. This believe in yourself story will give your child a tool that will last a lifetime.
This story is longer making it ideal for older children or those with a longer attention span.
When used in a group setting, players will improve self-esteem, connect and share strengths and achievements.
The question card deck encourages young people to explore stories regarding self-confidence, healthy growth and development, setting and achieving goals, valuing self, and overcoming life challenges in a fun atmosphere.
The Game Includes
- 48 Questions
- Self-Esteem Card Deck and
- 48 Colored Blocks.
Have you read any of this books? Leave a feedback!!!