Take care of your body
Self Esteem Newsletter Issue # 6
In the past I thought that taking care of my body wasn't important because the spiritual side of myself was the one that I have to focus. I have realized that it is important because if I don't take care of it , I won't live healthy.
I have learned to honor, respect , be grateful with my body. Our bodies teaches us what we need, what to eat and when to eat. When to sleep and what kind of exercise we are more comfortable with. And it also teaches us through discomfort that something is wrong with us.
3 ways to take care of your body:
- By listening to your body. Are you hungry?. Eat.
If you are not hungry do not eat. Your body will help you also
to choose healthy foods and the right foods for you.
Drink a lot of water; this will help you to be hydrated. What are healthy foods? Grains, vegetables, fruits, whole wheat, milk, meat, fish, nuts. A good balance of foods is important.
- Taking care of your body by sleeping well. Do you need to sleep?. Just do it. Listen to your body when is telling you to go to bed because it needs to sleep. How many hours do you sleep?. Listen to the messages. Do you sleep too much or too little. To sleep too much or too little might be a sing of depression. Are you depress?. The right amount of hours of sleep depends on the age , generally speaking for most adults. 7 to 8 hours is fine.
- By exercising every day: our bodies need movement. It doesn't matter the type of exercise you do, lift weights, run, yoga, or walk. According to the experts some of the benefits of exercising are:
- Exercise Improves cardiovascular system.
- Exercising helps to lose weigh and improves the circulatory system.
- Exercising Increases energy and helps people feel better about themselves.
- Exercise tone the muscles and give flexibility.
After exercising we always feel really good about ourselves.Taking a shower is another way, your body needs it specially after a long day of work. Do your hair, nails, and skin or give yourself a massage. Eat healthy foods and drink a lot of water. Have a general check up with your doctor once a year.
By learning to care about your body it will help you to have a good self esteem because you will feel energized and comfortable within. The three words are honor, listen, respect. Allow yourself to live healthy by eating, sleeping and exercising right.
Conquering Social Anxiety. This method has been the foundation of accelerated learning courses worldwide since over 40 year ago. It has the scientifically proven effect of installing information into the subconscious mind and speeding retention 5-10 times compared to standard teaching methods. Reduces stress, no drugs, no therapy.
A story is told about Hillel, a renowned Jewish teacher who lived 2,000 years ago.
One day, as he was taking leave of
his disciples, they asked him, "Master, where are you going?".
He replied, "To do a pious deed."
They asked, "What might that
And he answered, "To take a bath."
Because they were curious as to how something so seemingly mundane could be a pious deed, Hillel explained:
"If the statues of the king must be kept clean by the person to whom they have been entrusted, how much more is it a duty of a person to care for the body, since we have been created in God's image and likeness."
By Mirka Knaster - Honor Thy Body.
Where to go from here