A positive self-esteem benefits your quality of life and your health. Why?. Because it allows you to have a different perception about of your circumstance. With these characteristics, you will have the capacity to view your problems with a positive attitude. Your relationships with others will improve because you will be more assertive and solve conflicts with a different and more positive attitude.
I would like to share with you 12 positive self esteem examples to help you to become aware where you are standing right now.
- You are capable of acting more assertive without any guilt. Communication with other people is easy and natural.
- You don’t spend too much time dwelling on the past. You live in the present moment doing the best you can. The past is gone, and you know that you cannot do anything about it.
- You are equal to everyone. You know that nobody is better or worst than you. You pose the ability to recognize the difference in others, like particular talents.
- You do not allow others to manipulate you. Because you know how to be assertive you can easily handle this situation with a different attitude.
- You recognize and accept a variety of feelings, positive or negatives, and you share them with another person if you think it is healthy for the relationship.
- You enjoy different activities like work, play, walk, relax, etc. Balance is necessary.
- Building positive relationships, certain people tend to bring you down, try to spend less time with them, or tell them how you feel about their words or actions. Seek out relationships with people who are positive and who appreciate you.
- You accept challenges and take risks to grow. Because you accept yourself as you are, you are aware that you are not perfect. Is something goes wrong you learn from it. If you believe you’re not capable of something, then the only way to prove yourself wrong is by doing it. People with healthy self-esteem experience doubt and fear like everyone else – but they still try new things and leave their comfort zone.
- You handle criticism easily without taking it personally. You know that you are learning and growing and are mostly independent of the good and bad opinions of others. Because of this, you can discern when criticism is a feedback that is going to help you or is going to draw you down.
- Be assertive and practice clear communication. Not voicing and acknowledging your needs or setting limits with others means that you are putting up with more stuff than you need to for your own well-being. By learning how to say NO you are sending the message that you value yourself and that you deserve to be treated with respect.
- You value yourself, and you communicate better with other people. You are not afraid to express your feelings, likes, and dislikes.
- You value and accept other people as they are, meaning that you don’t try to change them.
These are some ten positive self-esteem examples. Pick one or many as you like and think different ways you can apply this characteristic.
Low self-esteem doesn’t mean you can do nothing. It means you have to try better.
It`s your light inside that scares you, not your darkness.
17 Positive Self Esteem Affirmations
- I am a wonderful human being I feel great about myself and my life.
- I am grateful for all the wonderful things in my life
- I am full of loving, healthy, positive and prosperous thoughts which eventually convert into my life experiences.
- Speaking my mind with confidence is something I just naturally do.
- I rejoice in my uniqueness.
- I love and accept myself unconditionally.
- My high self esteem allows me to accept compliments easily and also freely compliment others.
- I am always growing and developing.
- I surround myself with people who bring out the best in me.
- I have people who care about me and will help me if I need it.
- I am completely unique and therefore, there are no rules to what I am and am not.
- If someone is trying to bring me down, it means I am above them.
- I have something special to offer the world
- I believe in myself
- I have the right to say “I don’t understand,” without feeling stupid.
- I do not have to compromise my personal integrity.
- I do not have to be liked, admired, or respected by everyone for everything I do.