A positive self-esteem benefits your quality of life and your health. Why?. Because it allows you to have a different perception about of your circumstance. With these characteristics, you will have the capacity to view your problems with a positive attitude. Your relationships with others will improve because you will be more assertive and solve conflicts with a different and more positive attitude.
I would like to share with you 10 positive self esteem examples to help you to become aware where you are standing right now.
- You are capable of acting more assertive without any guilt. Communication with other people is easy and natural.
- You don’t spend too much time dwelling on the past. You live in the present moment doing the best you can. The past is gone, and you know that you cannot do anything about it.
- You are equal to everyone. You know that nobody is better or worst than you. You pose the ability to recognize the difference in others, like particular talents.
- You do not allow others to manipulate you. Because you know how to be assertive you can easily handle this situation with a different attitude.
- You recognize and accept a variety of feelings, positive or negatives, and you share them with another person if you think it is healthy for the relationship.
- You enjoy different activities like work, play, walk, relax, etc. Balance is necessary.
- You accept challenges and take risks to grow. Because you accept yourself as you are, you are aware that you are not perfect. Is something goes wrong you learn from it.
- You handle criticism easily without taking it personally. You know that you are learning and growing and are mostly independent of the good and bad opinions of others. Because of this, you can discern when criticism is a feedback that is going to help you or is going to draw you down.
- You value yourself, and you communicate better with other people. You are not afraid to express your feelings, likes, and dislikes.
- You value and accept other people as they are, meaning that you don’t try to change them.
These are some ten positive self-esteem examples. Pick one or many as you like and think different ways you can apply this characteristic.
“The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others.”
Dr Sonya Friedman