Causes of lack of self confidence
If you suffer from lack of self confidence, it is important to discover what causes this in you. If you can identify why you lack confidence, you can begin to take steps to improve this area. Some of the causes of lack of self confidence are fear of criticism, self-doubt, inferiority feelings and feeling unloved. When you lack self confidence is because you are having unrealistic expectations from other’s standard and opinions.
Learn some causes of lack of self confidence
Fear of criticism
The cause of fear of criticism is that you are too concern about other’s opinions and feel insecure. Instead of taking critics as a feedback you become defensive. What People Think is an hypnosis download that you can use to let go of this fears. When you care too much what others think you are open to manipulation. When you care less what others think you become a more honest person because you don’t have to pretend so much. When you have gotten over that inferiority complex you’ll just feel better about yourself regardless of ‘the facts’.
This session will stop you assuming you’re not as good as others and help you accept your own areas of strength as well as weakness with objectivity and calm.
Inferiority feelings are one of the causes of insecurity. Early experiences play a big influence, like: being ignored, and ridiculed that create self-doubt and also feelings of being unloved . These feelings of inferiority and hopelessness are developed through various negative experiences specially when you were growing up. If your parents were unable to provide a supportive environment and they were critical, demanding and overprotective of you, then , you develop negative perceptions of yourself. You can , therefore; overcome an inferiority complex.
Lack of assertiveness
If you can’t express your needs and stand up for yourself you become resentful and angry. Lack of assertiveness creates Insecurity , doubt and pessimism. When you learn to become assertive people will realize that you know your own mind and they will give you more respect and consider you capable of more responsibility. You will be treated with more respect and you will feel better about yourself. Need help?. Download now: 10 Steps to Absolute Assertiveness
Perfectionism leads to having unrealistic expectations from other’s standard and opinions. Thinking that you can’t do something unless is perfect is an unrealistic way to approach every day life. It is also a way of avoiding to make mistakes that create more insecurity.
Experiencing too much pressure from your parents or even friend to meet the demands and expectations that they set out for you causes lack of self confidence. Setting unrealistic goals and fear of failure is another factor.
How to Increase Your Self Confidence
- Start building self esteem to overcome your inferiority feelings and fear of criticism. When you have the tendency to believe that there is always someone better than you will set your mind to believe that you are unworthy.
- Stop being a perfectionist and try to understand that the messages your received were not always true. Focus in your strengths and best abilities and do the best you can. Also begin to practice ways to express yourself in a more assertive way for building your confidence.
- Change your emotion to create positive feelings inside. All the negative feelings contract you and make you lack vitality and energy. It is a vicious circle of negativity that can lead to depression and pessimism.
- Spend Time With Positive People. Look at people you spend your time with, if they are always criticizing you try spend more time with people who don’t.
- Be Yourself .
- Change failure to learning. Every time you think you fail, change it to a learning experience. Stop worrying that you will fail. Failure doesn’t exist, instead, you are leaning to do things in a different way.
- Be Kind To Yourself. Give the best to yourself, treat yourself with respect and kindness.
You cannot change the world you but you can take responsibility about how are you felling. Work inside with your inner-talk, practice assertiveness. Use introspection and spend more time in silence to identify your past wounds that you have not heal yet.
Listen to Audiobooks
- Learn to Assert Yourself! Subliminal CD with (NLP) Neurolinguistic Programming
- Shame and the Origins of Self-Esteem
- Accepting Love: Confidence in a New Relationship.
selfesteem awareness is supported by our participation in affiliate programs. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. We also participate in programs from Clickbank, and other sites. selfesteem awareness is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.