The importance of self esteem for the foundation of your existence cannot be underestimated. Your esteem is important because it has an impact on your life and choices. Your self-value is the source of your mental health. Self esteem is the idea that you have to yourself. It is how valuable and important you think you are. How you respect yourself as a person. Self esteem is important because:
- You believe you are worthy of happiness , you feel worthy of respect.
- Is the first step in believing in you, it builds self-confidence. If you do not respect yourself do you think that others will?.
- Your self-esteem has a profound effect on your thinking, emotions, happiness, desires, values, and goals.
- You can still feel respect and be proud even if you make a mistake.
- You never compare to others, and your Self confidence is strong.
- You have a sense of control and direction and approach problems with a different perspective. Allows you to make correct choices and take action and be proud.
- Allows to act independently and to assume responsibility for your actions, goals, and desires.
- You can take new challenges quickly and handle criticism.
- You consider yourself a valuable person, and you live for a reason.
- Gives the clarity to recognize your qualities. Strong faith in yourself and know that you are lovable and capable.
- It is an integral part of personal happiness, fulfilling relationships and achievement of your desires.
- Allow you to be in control of your own life and able to do what you want, is the source of your mental health , this is the core to the importance of self esteem.
As Nathaniel Branden wrote about the importance of self esteem:
“Positive self esteem is important because when people experience it, they feel and look good, are effective and productive, and they respond to others and themselves in healthy, positive, growing ways. Know that they are lovable and capable, and care about themselves and other’s. They do not have to build themselves up by tearing others down or by patronizing less competent people”.
Esteem deficit contributes to mental disorders. If you know you are worthy you behave accordingly. Low self esteem:
- Makes you think you are undeserving, inappropriate, and lack of confidence.
- Makes negative choices, set wrong goals. Lack of happiness.
All this leads to develop destructive behaviors. You put yourself down, underestimate your qualities and abilities. This leads to a complete loss of faith in yourself and life. It can also be a symptom of unresolved emotional problems or a mental health disorders. That is why is so important.Why do you think that self-esteem is important? leave us a comment!!!!!