Exercise is one of the best ways to improve your self esteem because it helps you to feel good about yourself, reduce stress and boost your appearance. Physical exercise is also excellent for your general and mental health.
Self esteem and exercise: It is important to know that physical exercise helps building self-esteem , confidence and prevent depression. Evidence shows that exercise can improve your health the following ways:
- Maintains healthy blood sugar levels to prevent or control diabetes.
- Protects against osteoporosis
- Great tool for reducing stress
- Prevents heart disease
- Improve mental health and physical health
- Improve restful sleep
After I exercise I have a lot of energy and my muscles are toned and flexible . Besides that, I had fun and I improved my body , mental and physical health.
There are many ways you can exercise. Even 30 minutes a day of any physical exercise makes the difference. Some people prefer different types like walking, aerobic, or even yoga.
I have practice rowing, running, aerobics, callisthenic and weight lifting. However, I usually try to combine what is best for me and I feel comfortable with. I run 3 to 4 times a week and I go to the gym and lift some weights. I like to take advantage of the nice weather so when is warm I like to train outside instead of going to the gym.
It is really important to choose an exercise you best enjoy and feel comfortable about it instead of forcing yourself to do what you were told to do. The idea of exercising is to enjoy doing what you like and improve self esteem and confidence. That way you will get better results.
If your goal is to loose weight or gain weight for example, it is ok to commit to an exercise program until you reach your goal. You will be proud that you did it and your self esteem and confidence will increase. Your were committed to the exercising program and achieved your goals.
However, once you reach your goal, I would suggest to exercise doing a work out that you really enjoy and to adopt physical exercising as part of your daily routine.
- Always is better to warm up your muscles before you exercise , that way you avoid injury . Warming up increases blood flow so that your muscles will move more easily.
- Make sure to drink water before, during and after you exercise. It is the source of your health. Shortage in water consumption negatively impact your health . According to the Mayo Clinic water is your body’s principal chemical component. Every system in your body depends on it that is because is important for your health. Water flushes toxins , carries nutrients to your cells and provides a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues.Lack of water can lead to dehydration and affect your health.
- Never impose an exercise program that you don’t feel comfortable with. Remember that the goal is to feel good while exercising . Choose an exercise you enjoy .
- The optimal ways to exercise is to do it regularly not all at
once. For example, if you run, do it 3 to 4 times a week instead of 2 hours every two weeks. This way you will also able to improve your health.
- Always listen and feel your body, check if while exercising you have to stop, then stop. Respect your health .
- Have a general check up with your doctor before exercising, this way you will be sure your are in a good health condition and healthy.
There are different physical exercising you can do : stretching to improve muscles and joints, aerobic such as cycling, walking, running, hiking, and playing tennis to improve cardiovascular endurance and weight training for body muscle strength. If for some reason you are not able to do any of them, do daily walking.
Another suggestion that is really important is to eat healthy foods and avoid junk foods . Make a healthy daily diet a habit, choose the right foods.. Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits. Is best to choose whole grain foods like bread, pasta, and rice and include protein like beef, chicken, fish or cheese.