Fear of rejection is an irrational fear of not being accepted for who you are. Fear of rejection is cause by lack of confidence and self esteem. You may have developed this fears during your childhood if your parents constantly compared you with others. It is important to start accepting the fact that anybody can be rejected from time to time. We can be rejected for a job offer or from relationships, but if we do not know how to handle these rejections we will be trap into a vicious circle. Would you rather keep this fear of rejection or take risks and live the life you deserve with happiness and joy?.
- You are never good enough. As a child when your parents constantly compared you with others with good intentions, you might have felt insecure and developed the belief that you have to be perfect in order to be accepted by other people.
- You stop yourself from doing things or speaking up because of your insecurity issues.
- You start to loose your identity by acting, dressing, talking and imitating other's whom you admire because of your fears.
- You are unable to say "no" and then you feel bad about yourself .
- And, your image is determined by what others say about you and not about who you really are.
By taking care of yourself you increase your confidence. If you suffer low esteem you will be insecure about who you are. These feelings come from the belief that you are never good enough and because of that reason you will be rejected.
When I was a child I felt always judged and compared all the time. I kept asking myself: "What is wrong with me?", witch led me to the conclusion: "I am not good enough".
I remember when I was 11; I was at my cousin's house trying to have a good time in the swimming pool sitting on a round life belt enjoying the sun. All of the sudden I tried to get out of it and I couldn't', I was stuck somehow. My cousins were looking at me and laughing, "hey, you look like whale, I think you have to start to loose some weight". Can you just picture this eleven-year-old girl confronting this situation? For many years after that event I never sat again on a life belt to enjoy the sun.
The causes of fear of rejection are multiple. But regardless of the causes you can start dissolving this fear. I would like to share with you some ideas I learned form my personal experience.
- Don't take things personally. Remind yourself that your goal is to have a happy life. If somebody hurts your feelings, change what you say to yourself. Never tie your self worth to whether or not you get accepted or rejected by other people.
- Try to define yourself independently of others people opinions. For example, if you are a person who likes to help , avoid thinking about other's people reactions about you helping. If you need help dealing with this issue check: What People Think self hypnosis download. When you care too much what others think you are open to manipulation. When you care less what other people think you become a more honest person because you don't have to pretend so much.
- Try to be comfortable being uncomfortable. If you are rejected, take it as a challenge and learn to accept this situation. Then, re frame the situation. Try: Overcome Your Insecurities! . Whether you have problems with social insecurity or lack of self belief this download will help make your life so much easier.
- Use your sense of humor.
"Rejection is a word, fear of a rejection is a feeling, overcoming fear of rejection is an action, and actions speak louder then words". Unknown.
Do you suffer fear of rejection? Try self-hypnosis downloads:
Read more articles to find information you can learn from my personal experience. Make sure to check the self-help articles where you can learn more about emotions and feelings, letting go of stress, techniques , addictions and more.